Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Three Things I Love About Aspen



1.    The Skiing
Aspen Mountain is linked with three other mountains: Snowmass, Highlands, and Buttermilk. My personal favorite is Snowmass. Snowmass is great for a family with a wide variety of skiers. If you are advanced there are great back bowls and sensational tree skiing. If you like the park, Snowmass has a pipe, tons of rails, and wicked jumps. If you are a beginner, Snowmass has an amazing ski school and plenty of green trails. The great thing about the Four Mountains is that if you are looking for something specific you will be sure to find it at one of these mountains. If you are new on skis Buttermilk is a good fit. Aspen is fabulous for advanced skiers looking for a challenging day on the slopes. Ever watch the X Games? They take place at Highlands.


2.    The Food
All of the food in Aspen is exquisite and you really cannot go wrong unless you decide to swing by McDonalds. Here are some of my favorites:
Matsuhisa
Montagna
L’Hostaria
(And the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory never hurt anyone)

3.    The Shopping
Ahh, Shopping! You could spend week’s just shopping Aspen. If you are on a tight schedule make sure to check out P.E. 101 and Boogies. Be sure to ask about P.E. 101’s basement sale, the deals are incredible, you will walk out with over five very nice items for the price of one. Boogies is an all time favorite of mine. You could find an outfit, head-to-toe, in there to do anything from bowling to clubbing. Boogies also has a delicious diner upstairs. I highly recommend any milk shake on the menu! My latest Aspen discovery is a shop called two old Hippies. I was walking down the street when I saw this crazy van and had to stop and take some pictures. When I realized it belonged to the store I had to go inside. I found great little gifts for my friends and lots of cute clothes. They are also known for guitar shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment