Sunday, February 3, 2013

Bridge Climb Sydney



The Bridge Climb! This was one of my opportunities to not only make my mom incredibly scared, but also to show her something new that she hadn’t experienced on previous trips to Sydney. Growing up I probably watched Our Lips Are Sealed a hundred times. For those of you who aren’t familiar with Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen films this one involves the girls being put in the witness protection program and moving to Sydney. In the movie the girls do the Bridge Climb and visit Luna Park. I knew that these were two sites I could not miss when I was in Sydney since I was very young.


When we arrived at the Bridge Climb office you have to sign your life away and do a few simulators for climbing the bridge. It is all really easy, fun and enjoyable. I can honestly say that since we stepped off of the Sydney Harbor Bridge my mom has told all of her friends and all the tourists we met in Australia that it is a must-do! It is an incredible way to see all of the beauty Sydney has to offer.



When we finished our Bridge Climb and my mom bought all of her souvenirs as proof that she actually did the climb we headed to the ferries station to check out Luna Park. I called this whole day, “My day as Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen,” a childhood dream come true. At Luna Park we walked around and enjoyed the views of the harbor and bright colors the amusement park had to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment